- Self-care, self-care, self-care. Seriously. The more I take care of myself, the better I treat my kids. It’s a misconception that the *best moms* are burned out. Because, really, burn-out means that a mom is NOT at her best.
- Martyrdom has no place in motherhood. This one is really just a re-statement of the previous. I see many mothers *suffering* for her kids and her family. (I was one of them!). However, after my episode last year, I learned that this is NOT the way. As soon as I let myself off the hook for doing things while repeating the mantra: “I am Enough, I do Enough”, I did WAY more than I normally do – and I did everything with joy! I was nicer to my kids, my husband, and mostly myself! (And even if I didn’t *do* more, I still am enough!)
- They are not really *my kids*. They are God’s little people. I have merely been granted the beautiful opportunity to watch them grow up. Obviously, there are things that my husband and I do to help them understand boundaries, but not by controlling them. We try to teach them with a lot of compassion (instead of getting *mad at them* when they don't do what we think they should) This is extremely hard to do, by the way, without TONS of self-care. You really only have as much compassion as you show to yourself. (See 1 and 2)
- Get advice. Yes, we know our children better than anyone else. But sometimes a different perspective can really help you nail down your own perspective!
- Be present in every single moment. It is the most beautiful story you will ever experience.
My son turned 5 last week! I have learned a lot about motherhood since he’s been born and how to make it work (for me). These are the things I wish I knew before I became a mom.
Here is a video celebrating my big boy!
Almost everyone has blocks. Because blocks are simply mindsets that limit our life, unless we are living our absolute ideal life, we have them. Even though my life is pretty sweet, I KNOW I have them! We all do. The more we clear them, the better our life becomes!
The great news is, there is a really easy way to find some of them.
The trick is to outsmart your ego.
Because our egos are designed to protect us from emotional pain, it is great at pointing right at our blocks. The ego thinks that if certain parts of our psyche is revealed, we will be hurt in some way. So it will use all its might to hide the characteristic even from ourselves! The key is to use the ego's abhorrence as a map to the block.
Whenever we find ourselves angry at someone, listing their faults, seeing them as COMPLETELY different from us, we can be pretty sure that individual has at least one characteristic that we see in ourselves. It can be difficult to find because our ego is trying SO hard to hide it. The ego will point out all the things that make us different from that individual.
One way you can outsmart your ego is by journaling. Journal while only thinking about what it is about that person that you canNOT stand. After you have finished journaling about that person, read over your writing while inserting your own name where that person's name is written. See how that feels. You may feel angry, exposed, irritable. These are all emotions your ego has manifested to keep you from looking at your blocks.
But make sure to soothe your ego.
Our ego is not bad. Our ego's goal is not to harm; its to protect. Think of it like an overprotective parent. Although your parent loves you more than life itself, this parent may be doing you more harm than good. However, you still love and want to honor your parent. You want to have a healthy relationship with them. It's the same with your ego.
So, when doing this exercise, it's important to tell yourself that you are beautiful, and lovable, and amazing (because it's true!). Tell your ego that you know that the resistance to exposure is only to avoid pain - but that finding the block will only lead to your success and happiness. Thank your ego for it's love and protection.
It really works! Are you ready to try it? Grab a journal and get to writing!
Sometimes we don't have the time or the energy to spend on moving all of our own blocks. If I could, I would TOTALLY sit in meditation all day, journaling, making art, exploring my soul. However, life gets in the way and we just don't have the time we wished we had to self-reflect.
Not to pat myself on the back (pat,pat), but I am REALLY good at helping people move blocks in a safe and loving way. My job, as an energy practitioner, is to be an advocate to help people move those blocks at a very accelerated pace. During a session, I use guided meditation, and hands-on + intuitive healing in my studio's sacred space to move the blocks energetically. Then we use art to express the lessons and insights learned.
Schedule a session to work with me.
Once the blocks are exposed, it is SUPER easy to remove them. Most times it will be automatic. When you get up and personal with your limiting belief, it will be as easy as switching on a light switch to change it. When you start removing your blocks, get ready for your life to open up in ways you never knew! It is an amazing, freeing, feeling. Believe me!
Love + Light
A block is something that is in our path, preventing us from living our best life. Sometimes, it seems the things that are stopping us from living our dreams are physical. They are not. There may be physical things that seem to hinder us. But physical things are not STOPPING us. Let me give you an example:
Shauna believes that the blocks that are preventing her from living her best life are purely physical. She believes that she doesn't have enough money to do the things that she really wants and needs to do.
When Shauna assumes the blocks are physical, she may make the following conclusions:
The only way to live her best life is to make more money, which means that she needs to get a better job, which may mean she needs to go back to school to get training, which may cost even MORE money . How can she spend money+time on school if she doesn't have enough in the first place?She could then conclude that it is impossible for her to live her best life.
True blocks are never physical, thank goodness!
What REALLY is stopping us from living our best life is the deeply embedded limiting beliefs. These beliefs are the blocks. Everyone's blocks are going to be different. For the example above, let's presume that her *real* block is that she believes she will never have enough money. If she tries to physically brute force her way out of her situation: go back to school to maybe get a better job, she will still not have enough. Because of her mindset, she will constantly validate her belief by sabotaging her efforts to have money.
By attacking the real block, things will seemingly, magically open up for her. Shauna will expand her worldview and she will see more opportunities. She may find a better paying job that needs her exact credentials. She may find a scholarship to go back to school for free. She may even realize that she is in the wrong field and find her *true* passion instead.
The main thing that you need in order to find what is truly blocking your path is the desire to do so. Sometimes, though, life gets in the way and it is hard to tap into our deeper selves to find the necessary information to help see and remove these blocks on our own.
Getting help will accelerate the process. This is why I love what I do! Using energy work, I help to uncover and dispel the blocks that are hindering my clients from living their best lives!
Are you ready to remove those blocks so that you can live your best life? Schedule a session. Your life will not be the same. ;).